March 19, 2012

The Sweetest Thing

My husband and I will celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary in April this year.  Of course, like any couple, we have had our ups and downs.  However, my husband, whom I will refer to as Jad is so sweet.  He spoils me.  He caters to me.  If I want or need something, he does whatever needs to be done to make sure I get it.  I am one lucky gal!  To make a point to telling you all of this, we found out this week that Jad had the early onset of Parkinson's Disease (PD).  He's only 37!!  We are very saddened by this diagnosis, but we know that God will not give us more than we can handle.  I told Jad that we will take one day at a time and that it won't all happen tomorrow.  Well, the other night I was sitting on the couch.  I went to get up to get something.  Jad was already up and told me to sit down and that he would get it.  I told him he didn't have to and that I would get it.  He came over to me, leaned down and whispered in my ear, "Let me take care of you while I can."  I just hugged him so tight!  That was the sweetest thing!!!  He likes doing things for me because he knows one day he might not be able to.

I started this blog not knowing which direction it would take.  It looks like to me, it is going to be about life and that is perfectly fine with me.


JMD

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Thank You!!